Thursday, April 2

Aloe vera

My green juice of the day included

1/4 head of butter lettuce
few chard leaves
2 celery sticks
bunch of parsley
small piece of gallanghal root
3 inch piece aloe vera, as you can see on the picture, skin included
1/4 large sweet lemon
juice of 8 small blood oranges

This was sooooo citrussy and yummy, I had over a liter of it for dinner. This is my new plan, to have a huge green juice for dinner instead of solid food, as I tend to overeat and then give in to a sweet tooth, and I generally don't feel very energetic next morning. So my 'normal' vita food will be eaten at lunch, snacks, elevenses, but any time after 6 pm let's say, I am going to do my best to have only juice and fruit teas. Let's see how that goes, as that is the time I make dinner for Cooked Husband, and often feel seduced by the smells of his meals, so I will have to develop a strong will...

1 comment:

Denise said...

The aloe vera just looks amazing. They sell it on my street sometimes, I'll have to look out for it again.