Tuesday, March 3

Juicy yoga Tuesday


Recently my Tuesday mornings became filled with yoga and juicy breakfast, both shared with my wonderful friend Denise, aka the Green Queen. I was going to introduce her to Kundalini yoga today, but as my dvd player went on strike, we found a couple of podcasts on line and went with that. It feels SOOOOO good to stretch and expand with yoga in the morning, I cannot imagine starting a day without it. Afterwards, we were both ready for some sustenance:

Breakfast
1 large mango
2 small bananas
three handfuls of baby spinach
water
Deeeliciouuuss!

Lunch was at Denise's, after a brief visit to a Celia Hammond Charity Clinic. I am a real cat person and for years now I have been without one. I decided it was time to take an action to amend this situation. I have brought the subject up with Cooked Husband and was very surprised as, without even letting me go through all my reasonings and arguments why it is the best possible idea ever and we almost have a moral obligation to adopt a needy cat, he happily agreed. So hopefully we are about to become cat owners once again. As the rain is slashing against the windows, I can't imagine a better thing then to have a purring creature sitting on my lap as I type. Of course the reality will be that the said cat will be walking all over my keyboard making it pretty much impossible to do anything else then to pet her, but - well, we all feel needy sometimes... and it is a small price to pay for all the pleasures attached to having a feline friend around!

Lunch
Larfe jug of fresh celery, apple carrot, cucumber and zuccini juice
1 avocado
1 or 2 bananas
= absolutely lovely creamy dreamy juicy smoothie.

I drank it while Denise's cat purred madly next to me - double heaven. Having said that, I offered some to my new furry friend, but he didn't even sniff at it! Cats, hey?

Afternoon snack
remaining smoothie from breakfast
topped with a small handful of blueberries
(in the picture above)
eaten with a spoon, purrrrr

The wind outside is howling, the windows are rambling, rain drops are hammering on the glass roof and my taste buds are calling for some warm and warming food... I chose to ignore their un-welcome request and have made a lovely mug of tea instead. My favourite of the moment is Spiced Apple with Cinnamon, which is almost Christmassy - too late for that it may be, but who says that Christmas only happens once a year in this house? (In fact, it always happens twice!)

Dinner
6 ripe pears
bunch of corriander
sprinkling of hemp seeds

No comments: