Monday, March 9

Girls only, sorry boys


After the up and downs of yesterday, I was rather spaced out this morning, but I would think this is not because of the juices but rather the after-effect of the painkillers I had to take at night. I am sorry to announce this in public space, although virtual, but I am sick and tired of my extremely painful periods! I can't wait for my body to heal enough to stop hurting so much while something really quite normal and natural is going on inside it. I know that eating drugs is the last thing a juice feaster should do, but no amount of hot water bottles and tender loving self care would make any difference in my situation, plus, I did have to make it to work, at least for a short while.

I have decided to carry on with green smoothies for breakfast until my sparkling new super juicer arrives - hopefully at some point this week - as I want to make sure that I consume enough fresh greens and keep my energy balanced. I think it did the trick, as apart from the pain followed by drug induced spaciness I felt pretty good all day ;-) .

Breakfast:
3 apples
1 banana
5 strawberries
2 handfuls of baby spinach
water
very very smooth and loooovely

At work today. As hunger and belly emptiness arrived around 11 am, I made a half litre mug of Master Cleanse with hot water. It made me feel good and warm, and the hunger went away for a short while. I also had a mug of fruit and a mug of peppermint tea, before having another mug of MC, all this while cradling ahot water bottle in my lap. There is at least some advantage to working in female only environment.

I sadly had to take two more painkillers as I thought I was going to pass out from the pain. Anybody out there has similar trouble? I have been suffering from bad period pains for years, and the only advice I got from the medical people was to take a painkiller... Well, thanks! Very helpful and insightful. Ever since I have been reading about raw, though, I came accross some super success stories that gave me hope. One of the recommended things for general hormonal balance is Maca, the great peruvian radish, which we can buy in Europe in its powdered form. It is supposed to help with the pain as well. For me it was a question of taste (I did not like it to begin with), but as the promise of no pain was very aluring, I did take it religiously for about a month before my previous period - and - success. I was not without pain, but the amount of nasty tablets I absolutely had to take dropped rather dramatically. I have unfortunately fallen of the wagon and have not taken it almost at all last month - and - here we are. In pain. So, ladies, I definitelly recommend investigating this amazing plant. If you blend it with some bananas, cacao powder and nut milk, you won't even know it is in your shake. If you really cannot stand the taste, you can buy it in capsule form, but remember that this means much harder work for your stomach.

Late lunch:
juice from
beetroot
carrot
cucumber
with some spirulina
from Crush juice bar

I felt very powerful and light this afternoon. Supplied my body with another pint of hot MC, then had a lovely juicy dinner:

2 white grapefruits

3 oranges

1.5 t Nature's Green Superfood

0.5 powdered ginger

1T flax oil

made a lovely almost creamy juice



No comments: