Monday, March 9

Sunny Stormy Sunday


Woke up today feeling OH SO ACHEY from the yoga yesterday. It is the danger of a slow motion class, I reckon, as it lours you into going deeper into your postures and it pulls you out of your cocoon and then ... AUCH! But it is all for a good reason, nothing that a few stretches and perhaps a hot bath would not take care of, and in the long term my body will be all the more flexible and well oiled in the future (or so I am telling myself while feeling a bit like an invalid).

While I was expertly cooking a typical English breakfast for Cooked Husband and our Friend, I manage to squeeze juice from some plump tangerines for my own breakfast. It was like a liquid sunshine, it smelled almost intoxicating, I LOVED every little drop and really felt sunny inside. It was also sunny outside, but windy like crazy. Before I managed to make it outside, it was raining and thundering - a real April weather a month too soon.

My body unfortunately reflected this. My sunny feeling was replaced by unquenchable hunger, I was feeling very cold and shivering despite wearing woolly socks and a sweater. As I do not have a juicer, I was filling up on mugs of Master Cleanse diluted with hot water and I think it was all this sugar from the citrus and the maple syrup that gave me totally up and down energy. I could carry the world in my arms one second and then you would find me collapsed on the sofa the next. Eventually I created some citrus juice with powdered greens and flax oil to slow down the metabolism, and then promptly fell asleep for a couple of hours on the above-mentioned sofa. Thanks goodness today was Sunday!

By the evening I was feeling weird, shaky and headachey, and so I gave in and had some yummy green smoothie for dinner. Much better. Short but very valuable lesson: I need some fresh greens. I would happily live on fruits if I could eat them whole, but pure fruit juice is just too much for me, at the present moment anyway. So I decided that until my super maxi awaited juicer arrives, I will have green smoothie for breakfast, and then follow this up with the rest of the day on juices. Let's see how that goes...

Breakfast:
7 fresh tangerines
squeezed by hand

Elevenses and lunch:
Master Cleanse (MC) by Stanley Burroughs
6 - 8 T lemon juice
6 - 8 T maple syrup / raw honey / raw agave syrup
1/10 90.000 Heat Unit Cayenne pepper
1 liter of water

You can adjust the sweetness / sourness of this and also the heat to your taste. Start carefully with the cayenne, as it is very powerful. I was overheating after the first mug so much I had to go and wonder around the garden for a while in the close to hurricane wind...

Snack:
2 grapefruits
4 oranges
juiced and blended with
1 t Nature's Green Superfood
1 T cold pressed flax oil

Dinner:
2 apples
1 banana
handful of baby spinach leaves
decorated with strawberries
= life saving for this juice feasting novice

While looking after my body physically like this, I must be good and remember to do some 'self care' for my mind, soul and spirit. As the evening was spent talking and planning trips and holidays with Cooked Husband, this mission was accomplished for today. Very nice indeed, dreaming... And all the travel talk brought back some memories from the round the world trip we did in 2007, and so here I share with you picture of me savouring one of my first Dragon fruits in Krabi, Thailand. If you have lots of time to waste and want to see some fun pictures from round the globe, look at http://www.davidandblanka.wordpress.com/

During the day: 1 liter of water and two large fruit teas



No comments: