Wednesday, March 4

Parsley Wednesday


I am happy to share with you that the headaches are gone, not troubling me any more. So that is not too bad - considering how sensitive I am to caffeine and how much of the stuff I had last week.

I started the day with a pint of water with a teaspoonful of MSM (nutritional form of sulphur) and juice of half a lemon. MSM is an amazing substance, that should be naturally present in our food as it falls down as part of rainwater. The reality is that most of our food is grown in greenhouses or ripened in special warehouses, and so we are lacking this important substance. Generally MSM is celebrated for its ability to make our bodies more flexible and it is often enjoyed by yogis. I am honestly not sure if it can work within 2 days, but my yoga practice this morning felt different, very bouncy in a way, as if my body developed a few secret springs! So hail the MSM. It is also great for healthy radiant skin and shiny hair, as it is a sulphuric substance, and our hair, nails and skin love sulphur. The other quality of MSM is that it allows our cells to absorb all the other important chemicals we get in our food - vitamins, minerals and things we yet do not have a name for. This is great news, because most of us are defficient in many nutrients, and so is generally the food we eat, which is often grown in depleted exhausted soil. To make every little bit count is a bonus. At the same time it allows toxin and waste products to leave our cells, which keeps us healthy. As the time goes by I will be upping the amount up to a heaped tablespoon every morning.Lemon juice is added mostly to help us to adjust to the taste, although lemon juice first thing in the morning has many benefits on its own - I will enlighten you about this another time.

Breakfast:
6 small pears
1 small banana
bunch of parsley
water

Work was a little bit intense today and so I have to confess to eating a huge square or raw chocolate as a result of this behaviour today. Well, as a result, I spent the rest of the afternoon feeling rather shaky, as two days on green smoothies made my body a liiiitle bit sensitive to this kind of stimulation. But I enjoyed it, and it helped me keep my cool. Note to self - start practicing some protective meditation, as there will be strictly no solids next week. It was my last chocolate in the office drawer as well, which will help next time. The hand might reach, but it will not find...

Lunch:
3/4 galia melon
small bunch of parsley
small bunch of spinach
water

I ate some of my lunch at work, but as I was stresses and also shaky from that chocolate, I brought most of it back home and ate is as a soup with some hemp seeds on the top. I am not sure if I am 'allowed' nuts and seeds, but I am taking it easy, being nice to myself. Jut as important as getting enough greens!

Dinner:
leftovers from previous two meals
in a lovely glass bowl
sprinkled with a few blueberries

I have had a really nice day, despite stress at work. I am feeling good, and was told I look good, too, but this will be courtesy of the still lasting alpine tan and freckles; even green smoothies cannot work that fast! Or can they?

No comments: