Thursday, March 5

Strange Thursday


I have noticed this morning that ever since Monday I have been waking up at the precisely same time of 6.39 am. This is rather early for me, as I am a very lazy person, I love the warmness of the bed and the softness of the duvet, and I like the relative safety of sleep. No decisions to make; that is, until it is time to wake up - then the decision has to be made - is it time yet? This sounds absolutely ridiculous, but I bet I am not the only one who feels that way. We linger and close our eyes for a few more minutes, just revelling in the small universe that we in are at that moment. My guess is that people who jump out of the bed in the morning with a grin on their faces and joy in their heart are people who are, in one way or another, living their dream. I am not sure it is me. Not just yet. Don't get me wrong, I like my job, at least enough to make it there when I am supposed to and not get fired. But it is hard for me to believe that I am in this word to BE an (at times un-appreciated) administrative assistant in a recruitment office. It just won't do. And so this is what my day was filled with today - pondering about my destiny, dream job, responsibilities and fulfilled heart.

Breakfast:
1/4 galia melon
3 soaked dates
spinach
watercress
rocket
1 T coconut butter
water

This was delicious, almost too sweet, so I poured it back into the blender and added some more spinach and water. It was yummy though, and I had enough to eat for lunch as well. I am working from home today, and so I was able to create a lovely drink mid morning.

Elevenses:
3 juiced tangerines
1 t powdered Nature's Living Superfood greens
served in a martini glass.

Quite classy, actually, but a bit powdery. I am not big on the powdered greens, but I know they have their place in the raw and healthy food world.

Lunch
as breakfast

I have given hard time to one of my friends this afternoon for not having enough greens in his life. I guess, as I have been thinking all day about the possibility of becoming a raw food coach, I was in the mood to tell someone how to improve their health, and he got the handful. I hope he is still my friend... the email is very silent. All this mental trauma (the thinking about my future) had me craving some comfort and so I gave in and made a (non-green) Cinnamon Maple Pecan Milk from Raw Food Real World by Matthew Kenney and Sarma Melngailis. This is my all time favourite raw food book and I have actually made several of the recipes, rather then just looking at the pretty pictures while chewing on a carrot.

I have really enjoyed the luxurious creaminess of that drink, but now I feel all yucky, bloated and ... well, very very full. I had just looked in the book and it clearly says the recipe will serve up to 4 people. Well, greedy me, I had over half of it!

I am sipping hot mint tea as I write this and I as it is already after 7 pm I am not sure I will be in any mood for dinner, which is a shame because I was going to experiment with a savory green smoothie today. But there is always tomorrow - the last green smoothie day before the Juice fiest officially starts on Saturday!

No comments: